Cafe con Leche
Have you heard about Cafe con Leche? If not, we’re here to provide you with a simple recipe that will open up a new coffee experience you didn’t know you needed.
This recipe is simple, authentic and has a bit of spice!
Serving size: 1
Prep time: 10 minutes
Equipment: Italian style coffee maker (purchase here https://www.amazon.com/Primula-Stovetop-Espresso), small stovetop pot or microwave-safe measuring cup
- 2-3 tbsp of Happy Turtle Coffee
- 8 oz of water (or 1 cup)
- 4oz of milk (or ½ cup) *Using a local milk or a higher quality milk will give you a better quality cappuccino.
- A dash of cinnamon (Cylon cinnamon is better quality. You can find it at your local grocery store.)
- Fill the bottom section with cold water. Fill the metal filter section in the center with finely ground coffee and screw the pieces together. Place the coffee pot on the stove and heat it until the water begins to boil up into the top chamber and fills the pot completely with water. When you hear air spurting from the pot and the top of the pot is full of coffee, it's ready, and you can turn off the stove.
- Heat the milk on the stovetop in a pan until it is just boiling, then remove it.
- Mix the milk into the coffee. Cafe con Leche is typically made with 2/3 milk and 1/3 coffee, although you can change this to your preference.
- Finish with cinnamon, adding as much as you like on top.